Friday, March 10, 2006

Friday at the Sportsmans Grill
Chelle and Eric could be twins ---- NOT! I was absolutely thrilled when my Spud donned in black sported his presence at the "grille". This is the first place I brought my brother the first time he ever came to visit me.....here we are again. It is so nice to have a big "lttle" brother who loves me and shares my joy in re-uniting with my best friends. We have such a great relationship that I wouldn't trade for the world!

Christian and Jono playing the gadgets - what else is new??! The boys were patient as we gals hung out upstairs and oohhed and awed while I did some jewlery business with KC. The guys never cease to amaze me at their tireless attention to geeky toys. Cheers boys!

Hoes re-united and it feels So good....... Belly up! Jamye, Bella, and Momma Don, cheesey as always and just happy to share our time.
Oh my wordy, Jamye's 30!!!!! Everyone including the people on the television put down their beers to watch Jamye opening presents at their apt. before we headed out for the Birthday adventure. Unbeknownst to Jamye, we would pile into the car and head to Sprint to purchase her new Bling. (jono got her a cell phone - and it ROCKS!) From there we rolled over to another favorite watering hole - Brewhouse West where we had a pitcher and began preparing our tummies for the upcoming surprize dinner. One more stop at Dan McGuinness pub for an ale and last minute taunting of Jamye bfore we arrived at Germantown Cafe. Here we dined at a cozy front table with city views of our previous Nashville home. The food was fantastic! The wine was complimentary, and the company made us feel like we had never been apart. I left with a happy stomache and very full heart.

Finally - SURPRIZE!!!!! 25 or so smiling faces greeted the Birthday bunch as we stepped into the Blue Room at the GoldRush. What a wonderful site to behold: Tears streaming down one face, balloons and decorations everywhere, and hugs abounding throughout the entire bar!!!
Very wonderful evening pursued........needless to say I feel like crying with joy again now.

Look Baby Joey, auntie Bella has monkey toes.
Sunday arrives and the Disabantonio's present us with a gorgeous baby boy. Joey is a bundle too precious for words.......and then some.

It sure was a great birthday for Jamye to have the troublesome threesome back together again. Too bad I spent the whole day crying. Guess Joey wasn't the only baby there. HA!
Very proud Uncle. This really wasn't the best birthcontrol for me. Seeing Christian snuggling with that beautiful baby and smiling so sweetly - I think I felt a tingle. Oh, thank goodness, it's gone now. teehee.
Famous food for us country biscuits and hams at the cafe we love to love......
Who would have ever thunk it??
The crew had a birthday brunch indeed. Things greatly changed for us all in the past year - Jamye had FINALLY joined the 30 somethings, Tracy and Jody have a new addition, have moved from FL back to TN and we are talking again, and Mark has a lovely girlfriend. Yes, A GIRLFRIEND, Cindy. I think that we really like her. Wonder how she feels about us. When we're all together, especially for an abreviated time only, things can get a little overwhelming. (Hence, the cyring short-girl all through the meal) HA! Oh well, I do what I want!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we couldn't have had a better time with "y'all". No matter what challenges, ages, distance, or drama comes up in this life - we can make it as long as we stick together. We miss you. We love you!
Happy, Happy Birthday sweet Jamye. Thanks for being the glue!

-C Crowe out!

No comments: